Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you're looking for Bean Casserole recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Bean Casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bean Casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Why Are Apples So Beneficial With Regard To Your Health.
I am certain you’ve heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever ask yourself why this is important? This is something that many individuals live by and they also ensure their children are eating at least one apple a day. This thought is known all over the world and men and women just take it as fact without knowing if this is in fact true. You will be delighted to know that we have completed a little research, and we are going to teach you why this is considered a miracle fruit.
One more thing that has been found is that apples can also help your heart. I am sure you know that apples have fiber, and that, and also some of the other ingredients of apples can promote heart health. These ingredients will also help to lower your cholesterol, which is also great for promoting heart health. The particular skin of the apple is where a lot of the healthy vitamins and minerals can end up being located in an apple. If you happen to be one of the men and women who skin their apple before consuming it, you may want to change that habit so that you are getting all the benefits from the apple that you can get.
In conclusion, I guess an apple a day actually can keep the doctor away and now you understand why. In the following paragraphs we just dealt with a few of the benefits of eating an apple a day. All the benefits would take us to much time to include in this write-up, however the information is out there. So do yourself a favor and grab some apples the next time you go to supermarkets. It can definitely help your health for short term and also for the long haul.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to bean casserole recipe. To cook bean casserole you need 30 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Bean Casserole:
- Take Pinto bean
- Provide 1 pound pinto beans dried
- Provide 3 quarts water to soak overnight
- Get 2 teaspoons coarse pink Himalayan salt
- Use 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- Use 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- Get 1/2 stick butter
- Use 2-1/2 quarts water
- Prepare 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- You need 1 teaspoon granulated onion powder
- Get Meat sauce
- You need 1 pound bulk sausage
- Provide 9 medium sized Roma tomatoes
- Take 1 quart water to skin tomatoes
- Take 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- Get 1 medium onion
- Take 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- You need 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- Take 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- You need 15 ounces tomato sauce
- Provide Black beans
- Get 30 ounces canned black beans
- You need 1 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- Prepare 1 teaspoon granulated onion powder
- Take 1 teaspoons pink Himalayan salt
- Use Cheeses
- You need 1/2 cup fontina cheese
- Get 2 cups coarsely shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Provide 2 cups finely shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- You need 1/2 cup extra sharp cheddar cheese chunks
Instructions to make Bean Casserole:
- Presoak the beans overnight at room temperature. Rinse the beans and cover with new water. Add bacon drippings and liquid smoke. Bring to a boil, for 15 minutes, and turn to low heat and cover. Cook stirring occasionally for 1-1/2 hours. Add salt when really tender about 1 hour into cooking.
- Wash the tomatoes. Boil the 1 quart water. Add a tomato for 30 seconds.
- Remove the tomato from the water and peel off skin. Caution it will be hot. Repeat till all are skinned.
- Dice the onion and tomatoes and season with garlic, salt, and onion powder. Add sausage to a hot skillet along with the tomatoes and onions. Brown the sausage.
- Add the sauce, and tomato paste. Add into the sauce the flour. Let simmer till thickened a bit. Preheat the oven 400° Fahrenheit.
- Cook the black beans mashing them add there seasonings and cook down till thickened.
- By now the pinto beans have been cooking for 1 and a half hours. Add butter cook for 15 minutes more.
- Shred the coarse cheese. To an oven safe deep pan add the beans to the bottom. Cover with coarsely shredded cheese. Add the meat sauce then the finely shredded cheese.
- Take just enough pinto beans to cover the next layer. Mash the rest of the pinto beans add the chunked fontina and extra sharp chunk cheeses.
- Stir till creamy and very thick. Pour on top of the casserole and bake 45 minutes.
- Let rest for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!!! I used sriracha sauce on mine.
If you find this Bean Casserole recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.