Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you're looking for Hearty lentil and butternut squash soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Hearty lentil and butternut squash soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hearty lentil and butternut squash soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Below Are A Few Simple Explanations Why Eating Apples Is Good.
On TV plus in magazines absolutely everyone is telling you to eat an apple a day, however, have you ever asked yourself why? Many men and women have lived with this viewpoint for many years, and they additionally pass this on to their children. You will even find that men and women in other country’s also stick to this simple rule and they do not even know why. In this post we are going to be looking at apples to see if they really are a food that can help to keep you healthy.
Now the question is, exactly why are these vitamins and minerals so important? As I am certain you know, research is being carried out all the time and there have been studies that have been done that show that apples can reduce some cancer risks. And on the list of cancers which apples can help reduce the chances of is colon cancer and even lung cancer. That fact by itself really should be enough to make sure individuals are eating at least one apple a day.
I am hoping I have revealed some good information that defined why apples are so healthy for you. The advantages we covered are just a couple of of the benefits that eating apples can offer. All of the benefits would take us to much time to include in this article, nevertheless the information is out there. I am hoping that the next time you go to the food store you find yourself getting plenty of apples. It can truly help your health and wellbeing for short term and also for the long haul.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to hearty lentil and butternut squash soup recipe. To make hearty lentil and butternut squash soup you need 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Hearty lentil and butternut squash soup:
- Get 1 onion roughly chopped
- You need 1 carrot roughly chopped
- Use 3-4 cabbage leaves roughly chopped
- Use 1 pepper roughly chopped (I used a few different leftover ones)
- Provide 1 garlic clove crushed
- Use 300 g (roughly) meat/veg stock of your choice (I did beef)
- Provide 1 cup water (roughly)
- Get 1 Bay leaf
- Prepare 1 teaspoon paprika
- Take 1/3 grated nutmeg
- Use 1/2 butternut squash chopped into bite size pieces
- Take 1 teaspoon olive oil/oil alternative
- Get 1 teaspoon savory
- Use 400 g tin of green lentils (could soak your own)
Steps to make Hearty lentil and butternut squash soup:
- Pre-heat oven to 180°c/350°f
- Put the onions In a pan and cook until lightly brown (can use a bit of oil or water as well to help)
- Put the onions in a pressure cooker or soup pot (just a big metal pot that goes on the hob), add the cabbage, pepper, carrot, garlic clove, bay leaf, paprika and nutmeg. Mix it all together. If using the hop, feel free to do it with the heat on for possible extra browning on other veg.
- Add the stock and water and mix. Let it cook until all the vegetables are soft, remove bay leaf, and then blend.
- Add in the lentils and cook for a further 20 minutes/until lentils are cooked.
- When you put the water and stock with the veg, set out a baking tray and line it with tin foil or baking paper. Spread the butternut squash on the baking tray and add the Savory and Olive oil. Mix together and put in oven, cook for 25 minutes.
- Add the roasted butternut squash to the soup and serve.
- Can garnish with chopped parsely of anything of your choice (like chilli flakes or extra nutmeg) and/or serve with sliced and buttered bread.
If you find this Hearty lentil and butternut squash soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.