Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Print Potato Skins Mac and Cheese recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Print Potato Skins Mac and Cheese recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Print Potato Skins Mac and Cheese recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Fine For You.
Almost every single “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you read will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is literally very true. But occasionally the last thing you would like to do is make a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just wish to reach the drive through en route to your home and call it a day. There is zero reason that you shouldn’t be able to make it happen once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. You are capable of doing this because most of the popular joints are now marketing “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here’s how it is possible to eat healthfully while you are at a fast food place.
Visit a drive through at a place which has made it a practice to offer healthier options to people. For instance, Arby’s won’t provide hamburgers. As an alternative you can select from roast beef sandwiches, salads, wraps and various healthier items. While Wendy’s has offered hamburgers for decades, they also have a lot of other healthy options like salads, baked potatoes and chili. Not everything is McDonalds featuring its deep fried chicken parts and other terribly unhealthy items.
Common logic tells us that one positive way to get healthy and lose fat is to skip the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While this is usually a good suggestion all you need to do is make a couple of good selections and traveling to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Once in a while, allowing someone else cook dinner is just what you need. When you select healthy menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to print potato skins mac and cheese recipe. You can have print potato skins mac and cheese using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Print Potato Skins Mac and Cheese:
- Take 24 oz Baby Golden potatoes
- Get 2 tbsp Vegetable oil or olive oil
- Use 1 lb Elbow macaroni
- Prepare 3 tsp Buttter
- Prepare 1 tsp Flour
- Provide 2 1/2 cup Milk
- Prepare 1 cup Sour cream
- You need 1 1/3 lb Shredded cheese
- Use 10 oz Cream cheese
- Prepare 12 oz Bacon
- Provide 1 tsp Salt and pepper
Instructions to make Print Potato Skins Mac and Cheese:
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Place the potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil. Salt and pepper liberally and shake the pan a little to coat them with oil. Roast for 30 minutes, or until cooked through. Then set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, cook the macaroni in a large pot of salted water, according to package instructions. Drain and set aside in a colander.
- Using the same pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Once melted whisk in the flour and cook the roux (butter-flour mixture) for 1 minute. Then whisk in the milk and add the sour cream and 8 oz cream cheese. Bring to a simmer and whisk until the mixture is thick and smooth.
- Add 1 lb shredded cheddar and whisk until smooth. Then add a dash or two of cayenne pepper and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the cooked macaroni, 2/3 cup crumbled bacon, and 2/3 cup green onions into the cheese sauce. Stir to coat.
- Pour the macaroni into a 9X13 inch baking dish and set aside
- For the potato skins recipe: Preheat the oven to Broil. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. carefully scoop of most of the flesh, leaving just a little potato attached to the skin. Reserve the crumbled potato flesh.
- Brush the potato skins with oil. With the remaining 2 oz. of cream cheese, place a scant 1/2 tsp dollop of cream cheese in each potato skin.
- Sprinkle the crumbled potato over the mac and cheese. Then arrange the potato skins over the top. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 lb. shredded cheddar over the potato skins and add pepper to taste.
- For creamy baked mac and cheese, place the baked mac and cheese in the oven under the broiler for 2-3 minutes, watch carefully. You want the cheese to melt and the tops to toast, but not burn.
- Once out of the oven, sprinkle the remaining green onions and bacon over the top and serve warm.
If you find this Print Potato Skins Mac and Cheese recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.