Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you're looking for Tex's Bangers & Mash Pie 🐷🍲🧀🇬🇧 recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Tex's Bangers & Mash Pie 🐷🍲🧀🇬🇧 recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tex's Bangers & Mash Pie 🐷🍲🧀🇬🇧 recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Healthy Fast Food.
Just about any article you read about improving your health or losing weight is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is actually very good guidance. Occasionally, though, the last thing you want is to have to cook meals from scratch. Sometimes you just would like to hit the drive through en route to your home and call it a day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be permitted to do this and not be suffering from remorse about slipping on your diet. This may be possible because lots of the popular fast food places making the effort to make their menus better now. Here is how to eat healthy and balanced when you visit the drive through.
Go for the side dishes. It wasn’t that long ago that French Fries were your only side dish choice at a restaurant. Now lots of the fast food menus have been widened quite a bit. Now quite a few of them offer salads. You might get chili. You can get baked potatoes. You can make fruit. There are a lot of alternatives that don’t involve eating something deep fried. When deciding on your meal from the drive through, pick out a variety of side items instead of choosing a pre-made “meal deal”. You’ll keep calorie and fatty food count lower and save yourself time and effort.
Common logic tells us that one sure way to get healthy and lose fat is to by pass the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While this is usually recommended all you need to do is make a few good choices and traveling to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes what you need is to let other people produce your dinner. If you choose healthy items, the remorse usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to tex's bangers & mash pie 🐷🍲🧀🇬🇧 recipe. You can have tex's bangers & mash pie 🐷🍲🧀🇬🇧 using 20 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Tex's Bangers & Mash Pie 🐷🍲🧀🇬🇧:
- You need 5-6 pork sausages (preferably Cumberland)
- Take ⚫
- Get ⚫Mash⚫
- You need 5-6 large Maris Piper potatoes (or equivalent), cubed
- Use As needed milk or cream (preferably cream)
- You need 1 egg (beaten)
- Take 2 tablespoons Oil for shallow frying
- Provide 1 1/2-2 grams grated mature Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Prepare to taste sea salt and ground black pepper
- Take ⚫
- Use ⚫Onion Gravy⚫
- Provide 1 onion (quartered & sliced)
- Get 750 mls (1 1/2 pint) hot water
- Take 2 tablespoons Bisto beef gravy granules
- Get 2 tablespoons butter
- Provide 2 tablespoons dry sherry for deglazing
- Get 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Get 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- Provide To taste sea salt and ground black pepper to season
- Take 1 beef OXO cube
Instructions to make Tex's Bangers & Mash Pie 🐷🍲🧀🇬🇧:
- Prep your vegetables
- The bangers I'm using are Cumberlands sausages: 72% pork, and 18% fat; the rest being herbs, spices, water, rusk, and seasoning
- Cook your sausages on a medium heat for 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until nicely browned. Try not to let them touch in the pan.
- Mix all the gravy ingredients in a jug. Don't season until after reduction
- Reduce the heat to medium low. Add the onions and the butter. Wait until the butter has melted, then cook for a further 5 minutes stirring frequently, or until the onions just begin to soften
- Deglaze the skillet with the dry sherry, then add the gravy and bring to the boil. As soon as it boils, turn down to a low heat and reduce, stirring occasionally. When it coats a spoon, rather than running off, remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes
- Put the sausages in an oven proof pie dish and cover with onion gravy, up to about 1 inch/2½ centimetres from the top of the dish. Allow to cool to room temperature. When cooled, the gravy should form a skin, preventing it from boiling through the mash as much in the oven
- If you have enough, save some of the gravy for serving from a jug at the table
- Make your mash as you normally would (and plenty of it) or try the method I use when cooking mash in the oven (see below)
- Peel and chop your potatoes, then put into cold, salted water. Bring to the boil and cook until they break when prodded with a fork. Strain in a colander, and put back in to the warm pan. Mash, then add the cream or milk, season to taste, and whisk.
- Finally, fold in the egg; this will add taste, colour, and texture when baked. Season to taste, but don't add butter or any other fats to your mashed potatoes, otherwise they may turn greasy when they go in the oven
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6, 200°C or 400°F
- Use a palette knife to cover the top with a thin layer of mashed potato as if making a cottage or shepherd's pie
- Sprinkle with grated Cheddar if using, then add the rest of the mash on top. This will prevent the cheese from burning and becoming bitter, as happens when sprinkled on top of the mash. Also, the Cheddar will melt, but stay moist
- Decorate with a pattern that puts peaks in the spuds
- Pop the pie into the oven for about 55-60 minutes, or until you have a crispy golden brown crust. Rotate 180° halfway through to get an even bake
- The inside will be very hot, so be careful when plating. Dish up with baked beans or peas, and buttered bread
If you find this Tex's Bangers & Mash Pie 🐷🍲🧀🇬🇧 recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.