Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Vegetarian Curry Pies recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegetarian Curry Pies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Curry Pies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Healthy Fast Food.
Just about any article you read about bettering your health or slimming down is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is actually very good advice. Now and then, though, you definitely do not need to make a whole meal for your family or even just for yourself. Sometimes you just would like to reach the drive through along the way home and call it a day. Why shouldn’t you be able to do this every so often and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet program? This is because a lot of the well-known fast food restaurants out there are trying to “healthy up” their menus. Here is how you can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Go with the side dishes. It has not been that long ago that all you could get at a fast food cafe was French Fries. Now lots of the fast food menus have been widened a great deal. Now quite a few of them provide salads. Chili can be another option. Baked potatoes can also be ordered. Fruit is generally available. There are a lot of options that you can choose that do not force you to consume foods that have been deep fried. When choosing your meal from the drive through, choose a variety of side items instead of choosing a pre-made “meal deal”. This can help you keep the calorie count low and reduce your fat intake.
Fundamental reason states that the simplest way to lose pounds and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet completely. Most of the time this is a good idea but if you make great choices, there is no reason you can’t visit your drive through once in a while. Sometimes the thing you need most is just to have somebody else do the cooking. When you choose wholesome menu items, you do not have to feel guilty about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian curry pies recipe. You can have vegetarian curry pies using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian Curry Pies:
- Provide For the shortcrust pastry
- Provide 367 g plain flour
- Provide Large pinch fine salt
- Prepare 1 large egg
- You need 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Get 4 TBSP very cold water
- You need 180 g cold unsalted butter, cubed
- Take For the filling
- Provide 1 tbsp sesame oil
- You need 1 red onion, finely chopped
- Use 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Prepare 15 g fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- Use 3 bird’s eye chillis, de seeded and diced
- You need 1/2 tbsp tumeric
- Take 1/2 tbsp ground cumin
- Get 400 g sweet potato, cut into equal chunks
- Provide 150 g red split lentils
- Use 1/2 can chickpeas drained
- You need 800 ml veg stock
- Get 100 g spinnach
- Provide 1/2-1 can full fat coconut milk
- Prepare 80 g sultanas
Instructions to make Vegetarian Curry Pies:
- First, make the filling. Heat the oil in a wide-based saucepan with a tight fitting lid. Add the onion and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for 1 minute, then add the spices and cook for a further minute.
- Turn up the heat to medium and add the sweet potato and sultanas, stirring well to coat in the spices. Yup in the lentils and most of the stock. You may not need all the stock so add a few ladles to start and see how well things get absorbed. Bring the liquid to the boil, reduce to a simmer, cover with lid and cook gently for 20 minutes or until sweet potato is tender.
- Stir in the coconut milk (again, a ladle at a time so it doesn’t become too liquidy. Add the chickpeas and spinach and gently stir in.
- Set this aside while you make the pastry. Have ready 4 individual non-stick pie dishes. Put the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Lightly beat the egg with the lemon juice and water in a jug and set aside.
- Add the butter and toss the cubes in the flour to coat. Rub the butter into the flour, using your fingertips. Lift your hands above the bowl, rubbing the fat and flour together then letting the mixture fall back into the bowl. Keep going until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and pour in the egg mix. Incorporate the liquid into the flour/fat using a claw-like action with one had. Avoid overworking the dough. If too dry, a splash more water.
- When the dough just sticks together in clumps, form it into a ball. Knead it very lightly on a floured surface to bring it together into a smooth dough. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out two thirds of the dough to the thickness of a £1 coin. Cut out circles and press into the pie dishes to line completely. Take the remaining third of the pastry to roll out and cut out the lids. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C fan.
- To assemble the pies: spoon the curry filling into the pastry cases until level. Brush the edges of the pastry with water, place the pastry lid on top and press down. Using your thumbs and fingertips, seal the pastry together. Brush with beaten egg, make two slits in the lid to allow steam to escape and pop in the oven for 30 minutes or until nicely golden brown.
If you find this Vegetarian Curry Pies recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.