Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Delicious Chicken Katsu Curry 🇯🇵 recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Delicious Chicken Katsu Curry 🇯🇵 recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Delicious Chicken Katsu Curry 🇯🇵 recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Nutritious Fast Food.
Just about every single article you read about improving your health or weight loss is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. There’s some worth to this. Sometimes, though, the last thing you want is to have to make an evening meal from scratch. Once in a while you only want to visit the drive through while you are on your way home and finish the day. There is simply no reason that you shouldn’t be able to do this once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This is because a lot of the well-known fast food restaurants around are trying to “healthy up” their choices. Here is how to eat healthy and balanced when you hit the drive through.
Choose a drive through with a restaurant which is known for catering to people with healthy palates. Arby’s for instance, is void of burgers. Instead it is possible to select from roast beef sandwiches, salads, wraps and various healthier items. Wendy’s, whilst no stranger to the hamburger, also includes plenty of alternative meal choices: large salads, large baked potatoes and other tasty items fill its menu. Not every thing is McDonalds featuring its deep fried chicken parts as well as other terribly bad items.
Simple logic states that the proper way to lose fat and get healthy is to ban fast food from your diet altogether. Most of the time this is a good concept but if you make good choices, there’s no reason you can’t visit your drive through once in a while. Sometimes what you need is to let other people create your dinner. There isn’t any reason to feel terrible about going to the drive through when you make healthy and balanced decisions!
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to delicious chicken katsu curry 🇯🇵 recipe. You can have delicious chicken katsu curry 🇯🇵 using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Delicious Chicken Katsu Curry 🇯🇵:
- Get Sauce
- Prepare 3 small onions
- Prepare 4 garlic cloves
- Provide 3 medium carrots
- Take 2 TSP curry powder (here is up to you how spicy it will be)
- Prepare 2 TBSP plain flour
- Prepare 500 ml chicken stock or vegetable stock for the veggie version
- Take 1 TBSP honey
- Take 2 TBSP soy sauce
- Provide 1 bay leaf
- Use 1 TSP garam masala
- Take 2 TBSP sunflower oil for simmering
- Use Breaded chicken or aubergine (suggested vegetable)
- Provide 4 chicken breasts filleted or 3 aubergines, peeled and filleted
- You need 1 garlic clove crushed
- Use to taste Salt
- Provide 1 beaten egg or 2
- Provide 100 g breadcrumbs or panko breadcrumbs
- Provide sunflower oil for frying
Instructions to make Delicious Chicken Katsu Curry 🇯🇵:
- In a food processor, make the onions into a pure, set aside. Do the same to the garlic and carrots. If you don't have a food processor, cut them as small as possible. (Some traditional recipes will leave it into chunks and also have potatoes to thicken it.)
- In a pan, add the oil and bring it to almost boiling point, fry the onions first. Once they have cooked, move it to a corner, put it in low heat and fry the garlic. Mix it with the onions and leave it in the corner again, them cook the carrots.
- Mix it all together now, then add the flour and curry powder. Have your stock ready and boiling.
- Make it into a paste, blending together until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Slowly, add the stock while mixing, make sure you mix it vigorously so there is no lumps left. You can add the remaining stock once you feel it won't create any lumps.
- Now add the honey and the soy sauce, stir it well.
- If you want extra smooth, you can use a blender while still on the hob. Add the bay leaf and stir. Put the lid on and leave it to cook for about 10 minutes in low heat.
- Start preparing the breaded chicken / breaded aubergines. Season it with salt and garlic. You will need 3 plates, one for the flour, one for the egg and one for the breadcrumbs.
- First, on the flour, all around, then straight into the egg and last is the breadcrumbs. Make sure it is covered all around. Press it down so the crumbs stick to it evenly.
- Go back to your sauce and add the garam masala, stir it well and check if the thickness is to your taste. It has to be creamy. Put the lid back on and start frying your chicken.
- In a frying pan, add oil enough to cover just bellow half the thickness of the chicken or aubergine. Check the temperature by dusting it with some of the crumbs. Once the oil is ready, fry the pieces on one side then turn them over once they are golden brown.
- Switch off the sauce and remove the bay leaf. Serve with rice. Enjoy!!
If you find this Delicious Chicken Katsu Curry 🇯🇵 recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.