Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Chickpea & Vegetable Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chickpea & Vegetable Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Wholesome Fast Food.
Almost every single article about weight loss and getting healthy explains readers to avoid drive through windows like the plague and to do all of their own cooking. This is really good advice. But at times the last thing you would like to do is make a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just want to reach the drive through on the way home and call it a day. There is no reason that you shouldn’t be able to make it happen once in a while and be free of the guilt usually associated with “diet slips”. This is because a lot of the well-known fast food restaurants out there are trying to “healthy up” their choices. Here is how you can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Focus on the sides. Not too long ago, the only real side dish item at a fast food restaurant was French fries. Today the vast majority of the most popular fast food franchises have improved their products. Now plenty of them offer salads. You might get chili. Baked potatoes can also be ordered. You can get fruit. There are a lot of alternatives that don’t involve eating anything deep fried. Instead of the pre-determined “meal deals” make an effort to make a meal consisting of side dishes. When you do this you are able to keep your fat content and also calorie counts low.
Common logic tells us that one sure way to get healthy and lose weight is to drop the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, usually, this is a good plan, if you make smart choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Sometimes what you need is to let someone else make your dinner. When you choose wholesome menu items, you do not have to feel bad about visiting the drive through.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea & vegetable curry recipe. To cook chickpea & vegetable curry you need 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Chickpea & Vegetable Curry:
- You need 200 g (half a can) of chickpeas, drained,
- Get 100 g closed cap mushrooms, sliced,
- Use 80 g fresh tomatoes chopped,
- Take 1 large red onion, sliced,
- You need Half a carton of tomato passata, 200g,
- Use 60 g chopped baby spinach leaves,
- Get 2 finely sliced green (spring) onions,
- You need 2 mild red chillies, seeds left in, sliced finely,
- You need 1 thumb of fresh ginger, sliced finely,
- Get 2 large cloves of garlic, crushed,
- Get 1 good handful of chopped flat leaf parsley,
- You need 1 tbsp hot curry powder,
- Provide 1 tsp tumeric,
- Prepare 1/4 tsp ground cumin,
- Provide 1 tbsp garam masala powder,
- Take 3 whole cardamon pods,
- Prepare 1 heaped tbsp fat free Quark,
- Get 1 good pinch of salt,
- Take 1 tbsp vegetable oil for frying,
Instructions to make Chickpea & Vegetable Curry:
- Heat a large saucepan up on a hob, over a medium high heat. Add the cooking oil and allow to warm. Once heated, add the red onion, green onions and the mushrooms. Fry for a couple of minutes.
- Next add the chopped ginger, garlic and chilli. Stir to combine and fry until fragrant for another couple of minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes next. Stir again. Then add in all of the dry spices. Give everything a good stir and add in the passata. Next add the chickpeas and water. Season with a good pinch of salt and also add the cardamon pods.
- Turn the heat down to medium and allow the mixture to come to a simmer. Add the chopped spinach leaves on top of the curry and place the lid of the saucepan on so it steams it. Once the spinach has shrunk down after around 3-4 minutes, open the lid and give the curry a stir so everything is evenly combined. Add the chopped parsley leaves.
- Place over the lid again and allow to simmer on a low heat until the curry thickens and reduces down and the vegetables and chickpeas are tender. I usually leave it to simmer for anywhere between 40-60 minutes on a very low heat, ensure you check on it now and then to give it a stir so it doesn't dry or catch. If it begins to dry simply add a touch more water.
- Once the curry has reduced and thickened remove from the heat. Leave to stand for 3 minutes. If you can locate the Cardamon pods, remove them. Add in the quark and stir through until the curry becomes creamier. Serve up and enjoy! :)
- Note: This is a great curry to batch cook on a larger scale, to then freeze as individual portions as a quick go to meal when you need it. I often do this and store in Tupperware boxes.
If you find this Chickpea & Vegetable Curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.