Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Southwestern Chili Con Carne Casserole recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Southwestern Chili Con Carne Casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Southwestern Chili Con Carne Casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Below Are A Few Basic Reasons Why Consuming Apples Is Good.
I am sure you have heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever wonder why this is actually important? You may know people that live by this and also demand that their children live by this guideline as well. This particular thought can be found in country’s all around the world and people follow it as gospel with out ever learning why they should eat an apple a day. You will be happy to know that we have carried out a little research, and we are going to explain to you why this is considered a miracle fruit.
Your heart is another thing which can be helped by consuming apples. With all the things that you will discover in apples, such as fiber, they work together to help your heart health. One more of the benefits apples can give you is that it can help you to lower your cholesterol, and you also have to know that this also helps your heart. Obviously to get all the benefits from apples you will need to know that most of the benefits can be found in the apples skin. The reason I point this out is simply because many people will peel an apple before eating it and that’s actually a bad thing as you are getting rid of a lot of the nutritional value.
To sum up, I guess an apple a day definitely can keep the doctor away and now you understand why. Something you should understand is that we only mentioned a handful of the benefits of eating apples. All the benefits would take us too much time to include in this article, but the information is out there. When you go shopping again, be sure to purchase a number of apples, their in the produce department. You will find that your overall health may greatly be benefited by consuming apples.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to southwestern chili con carne casserole recipe. You can have southwestern chili con carne casserole using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Southwestern Chili Con Carne Casserole:
- Prepare 1 lb Penne pasta
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- You need 4 to 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- You need 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Prepare 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- Use 1 tbsp dried ground cumin
- You need 1 tbsp dried ground coriander
- Take 2 tbsp dried chili powder
- Prepare 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Provide 2 tbsp butter
- Prepare 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- Provide 2 cup milk
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Take 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Prepare 1 (14 Oz) can fire roasted tomatoes
Instructions to make Southwestern Chili Con Carne Casserole:
- Preheat the broiler to HIGH and position the rack 8 inches from the heat.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the boiling water and cook the pasta al dente.
- While the water is coming to a boil, preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the hamburger. When the hamburger is almost finished, but still a little pink, throw in the garlic, jalapeno, and onions and finish cooking until the burger is browned and the onion is translucent. Drain the grease from the skillet and mix in the cumin, coriander, chili powder and pepper. Take off the heat or turn heat down low.
- In a medium sauce pot melt the butter and add the flour to it. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes over moderate heat and then whisk in the milk. When the milk comes to a bubble, stir in the cheese, cilantro and parsley with a wooden spoon. When the cheese has melted, stir in the tomatoes.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and add it back into the large pot. Add the contents of the hamburger and all of the cheddar sauce, and stir to combine. Transfer to a baking dish and sprinkle with a bit more cheese if you wish, and place under the broiler to lightly brown.
If you find this Southwestern Chili Con Carne Casserole recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.