Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you're looking for Potato Bacon Cheddar Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Potato Bacon Cheddar Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Bacon Cheddar Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Deciding on Healthy Fast Food.
Just about every single article you read about improving your health or losing weight is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is certainly excellent information. Occasionally, though, the last thing you need is to have to cook a meal from scratch. Sometimes just about all you want is to go to the drive through and get home quickly. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be allowed to do this and not be tormented by shame about slipping on your diet. You can do this because most of the popular joints are now marketing “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here is the way to eat healthy when you visit the drive through.
Milk, juice and also water are the best choices for beverages. When you drink a large soft drink you are introducing a whole bunch of empty calories to your day. A sole serving of soda is typically thought to be eight ounces. That portion could contain numerous spoonfuls of sugar along with at least a hundred calories. A fast food soft drink is frequently at the very least twenty ounces. Generally, however, they are 30 ounces. This shows that your drink alone will put a multitude of ounces of sugar into your body as well as several thousand empty calories. Water, fruit juice and milk, on the other hand, are far better choices.
Traditional logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and lose weight is to by pass the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While this is usually a good idea all you need to do is make a number of good decisions and traveling to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Sometimes what you need is to let someone else create your dinner. If you decide on healthy things, the shame usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato bacon cheddar soup recipe. You can cook potato bacon cheddar soup using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Potato Bacon Cheddar Soup:
- Take 2 slices bacon – chopped ¼ inch dice
- Use 1 ounce vegetable oil
- Prepare 1/2 each vidalia sweet onion – fine diced
- Take 1 stalk celery- fine dice
- Get 2 cloves garlic – finely chopped
- Use 1/2 cup flour
- You need 6 cups chicken stock
- Use 3 each Idaho potatoes – diced ½ inch
- Provide 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- Prepare 8 ounces milk
- Use 1 cup cheddar cheese- shredded
- You need 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Take 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Get 1 Tablespoon parsley- chopped
Steps to make Potato Bacon Cheddar Soup:
- Chop bacon, cook with oil in a 5 quart sauce pan at a moderate heat until crisp. Take out the bacon and set aside (Note leave the oil in the pan it will become part of the compound roux.)
- Add onions, celery and garlic and cook until tender or translucent
- Add the flour to the pan to make the compound roux, stir in with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock and the milk stirring in with a whisk for 1 minute then use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Stir periodically to prevent burning.
- Add the potatoes,salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes. The potatoes should be tender. Add the thyme 1/2 way through the simmering.
- Add cooked bacon back in. Adjust the seasoning to taste with salt and pepper if needed. Add the cheese stir in to melt. Add parsley
- Note-This soup can always have more bacon, a dollop of sour cream or cheddar sprinkled on top:)
If you find this Potato Bacon Cheddar Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.