Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect leek & baked potato soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect leek & baked potato soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to leek & baked potato soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Here Are Several Basic Reasons Why Consuming Apples Is Good.
I am certain you’ve heard that you ought to be eating an apple a day but did you ever wonder why this is important? Many people have lived with this philosophy for many years, and they in addition pass this on to their children. You will even find that men and women in other country’s also adhere to this simple rule and they do not even know why. In the following paragraphs we are going to be examining apples to see if they really are a food that can help to keep you healthy.
While everybody knows that eating plenty of fruits and vegetables is a great way to make sure your body gets all the nutrition it needs, why are apples pushed so much? The very first thing you should know is that apples have more vitamins and minerals than various other fruits.. On the subject of the particular minerals that tend to be in apples you will find, potassium, calcium and zinc just to name a few. Needless to say vitamins are in addition essential for your overall health and you will find vitamin B1, niacin, vitamin B6 and many more that promote well being.
I am hoping I have revealed some good information that defined why apples are so good. In the following paragraphs we just covered several of the benefits of eating an apple a day. All the benefits would take us to much time to include in this article, but the information is out there. When you go shopping again, make sure you pick up some apples, their in the produce department. These apples can certainly wind up helping you to live a longer and healthier life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to leek & baked potato soup recipe. To cook leek & baked potato soup you only need 15 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare leek & baked potato soup:
- Provide leek 6-8 in. long
- Use leftover baked potatoes (cold)
- Take onion (minced)
- Provide stock (chicken or beef or veg.)
- Prepare butter
- Provide olive oil
- Use salt (split)
- Prepare cracked black pepper (split)
- Take flour
- Take garlic powder
- Prepare ground coriander
- Get smoked paprika
- You need splash of Worcestershire sauce
- Prepare lemon juice
- Use or 3 DROPS liquid smoke
Steps to make leek & baked potato soup:
- over medium heat
- Heat 1 tbsp. butter and olive oil in 3-4 quart pot.
- cut leeks into 2-3 mm thick slices, put into bowl and separate into slivers
- add to hot oils
- add minced onion.
- stir often with wooden spoon. Do not let leeks brown. They will become bitter.
- add 1/2 of the salt and pepper
- after about 2-3 minutes, add garlic powder.
- add remaining 2 tbsp. butter, melt.
- add flour to create rue.
- stirr often.
- incorporate 2 cups of stock. Stir until smooth and silky.
- add paprika, coriander, Worcestershire, lemon juice.
- stir until well blended.
- add a little more stock and reduce heat to a good simmer.
- dice cold potatoes (I use yukon golds) any will work
- add to soup. stir.
- after potatoes are added, the starch from them will continue to thicken it. add stock as needed from here out.
- add 2-3 DROPS of liquid smoke. ONLY A COUPLE OF DROPS. This is strong flavor.
- if you don't have liq. smoke, double smoked paprika. Or use a pinch of cumin.
- let simmer 15-20 minutes. eat.
If you find this leek & baked potato soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.