Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you're looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Fast Food That’s Good For You.
Just about any article you read about bettering your health or slimming down is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is actually very true. Occasionally, though, the last thing you need is to have to cook an evening meal from scratch. Once in a while you need to pay a visit to the drive through when you are on your way home and complete the day. Why shouldn’t you have the ability to do this every now and then and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet program? You are able to do this because lots of the popular joints are now advertising “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here is how you can find healthy food choices at the drive through.
Pick out a drive through with a restaurant which is known for catering to people with better palates. For instance, Arby’s won’t offer hamburgers. Instead, your choices include roast beef and chicken sandwiches, wraps and big salads. While Wendy’s has made hamburgers for decades, they also have quite a few other healthy options like salads, baked potatoes and chili. Not every thing is McDonalds using its deep fried chicken parts as well as other terribly bad items.
Logic says that one the simplest way to stay balanced is to bypass the drive through and never eat fast food. While this is usually recommended all you need to do is make a couple of good choices and visiting the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Often what you need most is just to have another person do the cooking. If you decide on healthy things, the shame usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli cheese soup recipe. You can have broccoli cheese soup using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- Provide 1/2 stick butter
- Prepare 1 small onion, chopped
- Prepare 1 handful of baby carrots chopped
- Prepare 2 celery stalks, diced
- Use 3 cup chicken broth
- Get 1 cup half and half
- Get 1 cup milk
- Provide 2 head fresh broccoli, chopped
- You need 1/3 cup cornstarch
- Get 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Take 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Get 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- Take pinch nutmeg
- You need 8 oz Velveeta cheese, cubed
- Take 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese + additional for garnish
- Provide 1/2 tsp salt
Instructions to make Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- In a stock pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Saute onion in butter until onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, half and half, broccoli, carrots and celery. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until broccoli is soft and tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and cornstarch. Pour the mixture into the soup pot and stir until soup starts to thicken 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in pepper, garlic powder, thyme, nutmeg and salt.
- I placed an immersion blender in the pot to blend it, but it's totally your call. I prefer it a little smoother.
- Drop the heat to low and stir in Velveeta and cheddar cheese. Continue stirring until all of the cheese has melted.
- Top each bowl of soup with a little extra shredded cheddar cheese and serve immediately. Enjoy!
If you find this Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.