Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Kyoto White Miso Ozouni (Mochi Rice Cake Soup for New Years) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kyoto White Miso Ozouni (Mochi Rice Cake Soup for New Years) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kyoto White Miso Ozouni (Mochi Rice Cake Soup for New Years) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Choosing Wholesome Fast Food.
Almost every single “get healthy” and “weight loss” posting you go through will tell you to skip the drive through and make all of your meals yourself. This is certainly good information. Sometimes, though, the last thing you need is to have to prepare meals from scratch. Once in a while you need to visit the drive through while you’re on your way home and end the day. Why shouldn’t you have the ability to do this from time to time and not have a bunch of guilt about slipping up on your diet regime? This is because most famous fast food restaurants on the market are trying to “healthy up” their choices. Here is how you can eat healthfully when you hit the drive through.
Go for the side dishes. It wasn’t that long ago that all you could get at a fast food diner was French Fries. Now lots of the fast food choices have been widened quite a bit. Now quite a few of them offer you salads. You may also pick out Chili. Baked potatoes can also be purchased. Fruit is generally offered. There are so many possibilities that you can choose that do not force you to eat foods that have been deep fried. Instead of the pre-determined “meal deals” make an effort to make a meal from side dishes. When you choose to do this you can keep your fat content and also calorie counts low.
Common logic tells us that one certain way to get healthy and shed pounds is to skip the drive through and to remove fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While, for the most part, this is a good idea, if you make intelligent choices, there is no reason to feel guilty for visiting a drive through one or two times a month. Often what you need most is just to have someone else do the cooking. If you decide on healthy products, the remorse usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kyoto white miso ozouni (mochi rice cake soup for new years) recipe. To cook kyoto white miso ozouni (mochi rice cake soup for new years) you need 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Kyoto White Miso Ozouni (Mochi Rice Cake Soup for New Years):
- Prepare 1 bit more than 1/2 a ladle full White miso
- Prepare 500 ml Dashi stock
- You need 1 as many (to taste) Round mochi rice cakes
- Prepare 1 large or 2 small Daikon radish for zouni (small thin daikon radish)
- Get 1/2 Kintoki carrots (Kyoto carrots - bright red)
- Get 1 bag Satoimo (taro root)
- Provide 1 Mentsuyu
- Get 1 dash Dashi stock granules
Instructions to make Kyoto White Miso Ozouni (Mochi Rice Cake Soup for New Years):
- Wash the carrot and daikon radish and peel. Slice into 5 mm thick rounds, and boil. When cool, cut out into flower shapes.
- Dilute the mentsuyu according to the directions on the bottle. Add to pan with dashi granules and sataimo. Simmer until satoimo is tender. Let cool, and transfer to a container. In another pan, warm up 500 ml of dashi stock, and dissolve the white miso in it. (It's the same as making miso soup.)
- Put a small amount of water in a flat heatproof dish. Wet the mochi cakes quickly and line them up on the plate. Warm them in the microwave on both sides. (If warming 3, microwave on one side for 1 minute, and the other side for 30 seconds, at 600W.) After turning over, stop cooking as soon as they start to puff up.
- Put the mochi cakes in the miso soup from step 2. When they are a bit soft, ladle into soup bowls. Parboil the carrot, daikon radish, and satoimo. Add and serve immediately.
- If you cook the mochi cakes repeatedly in the white miso soup, they become very rich and sweet, so don't make a lot of soup at one time; just make as much as you are going to eat. It tastes better that way.
- This is a Kintoki carrot. Its other name is Kyo-ninjin (Kyoto carrot).
- These are daikon radishes for zouni.
- About the satoimo used in Step 2: since we always make onishime (a simmer vegetable dish also served at New Years), we often just take out some of the satoimo in the onishime and add it to the ozouni. That kills 2 birds with 1 stone. If you are making ozouni only, follow this recipe.
If you find this Kyoto White Miso Ozouni (Mochi Rice Cake Soup for New Years) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.