Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you're looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Murighonto (Fish head curry with lentil) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Murighonto (Fish head curry with lentil) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Finding Nutritious Fast Food.
Just about every article you read about restoring your health or weight loss is going to tell you to ignore the drive through and cook all of your meals instead. This is actually very good advice. But sometimes the last thing you want to do is prepare a whole dinner for yourself and your family. Sometimes you just want to reach the drive through along the way home and call it a day. There isn’t any reason that you shouldn’t be permitted to do this and not be plagued by shame about slipping on your diet. You are capable of doing this because lots of the popular joints are now promoting “healthy” menu options to keep their businesses up. Here is how you can eat healthy and balanced when you hit the drive through.
Choose a drive through for a restaurant which is known for catering to people with healthier palates. Arby’s as an example, is void of burgers. You can have roast beef sandwiches, wraps and salads as an alternative. Wendy’s, of course, is known for its square burgers, even so the menu there has a bundle of healthful choices like salad, potatoes and chili. Most fast food dining places usually do not stoop to the unhealthy lows seen at McDonalds.
Common logic tells us that one positive way to get healthy and lose weight is to drop the drive through and to banish fast food restaurants from your thoughts. While this is usually a good idea all you need to do is make a number of good decisions and traveling to the drive through isn’t anything to worry about–when you do it in moderation. Occasionally, allowing someone else cook dinner is just the thing you need. If you choose healthy things, the remorse usually associated with hitting the drive through shouldn’t be so bad.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to murighonto (fish head curry with lentil) recipe. You can have murighonto (fish head curry with lentil) using 13 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Murighonto (Fish head curry with lentil):
- Use 1 cup yellow Moong Dal
- Use 1 Rahu fish head(I use head of a 3kg size Rahu fish)
- Prepare 2 big Onion chopped
- Get 1 tablespoon Ginger-Garlic paste
- Get 1 tablespoon ready-made tomato puree or puree of 2 fresh tomatoe
- Use 1 teaspoon Panchfuran (a bengali whole spice mix)
- Get 1 Bay leaf
- Take 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Get 2 teaspoon Kashmiri red chilli powder
- Use 2 teaspoon Coriander-Cumin powder(2 tsp coriander+1tsp cumin)
- Prepare 2 Whole dry Red chilli
- Prepare 2 Green chilli
- Prepare 3-4 tablespoon Mustard oil
Steps to make Murighonto (Fish head curry with lentil):
- Dry roast moong daal into a pan until light golden brown.
- Let the daal cool and soak in water for an hour.
- Clean and cut the fish head in small pieces as possible.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt and rub to the pieces.
- Heat 1and 1/2 tablespoon of mustard oil in a pan and add the fish head pieces.
- Fry them in medium heat until light golden brown. Keep aside.
- Pressure cook soaked daal with salt and 2 cups of water until just soft.
- Heat 2 tablespoon of mustard oil in a saucepan and temper bay leaf, red chilli and paachfuran.
- After few seconds add chopped onion and saute until onions become translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and saute till raw smell of ginger garlic goes off.
- Now add tomato puree, turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander-cumin powder.
- Saute in medium heat and add 1/2 cup of water.Let the spices cook well in medium heat for few minutes.
- When spices and tomatoes cooks well and oil starts separating from gravy add in the fried fish head.
- Stir to coat spices to fish head,add salt and couple of tablespoon of water, cover and cook in low heat for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes remove the cover, fry in spices again for 3-4 minutes. This frying will enhance the flavour of murighonto.
- Next add in cooked daal and mix well with a spatula.
- Add sufficient hot water to make the curry thin, check seasoning and add if necessary.
- Cook in medium heat until murighonto starts boiling and then add some slitted green chillies.
- Further cook in medium low heat for 10 minutes or until gravy comes to your desired consistency. I like the gravy little thin, you can make them thick as well.
If you find this Murighonto (Fish head curry with lentil) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.