Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect 'Indonesian' beef stew recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best 'Indonesian' beef stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 'Indonesian' beef stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Exactly Why Are Apples So Good For Your Health.
I am sure you’ve heard that you should be eating an apple a day but did you ever ask yourself why this is actually important? Many individuals have lived with this philosophy for many years, and they in addition pass this on to their children. This specific thought can be observed in country’s all around the world and individuals follow it as gospel with out ever learning why they should eat an apple a day. You will be happy to know that we have completed a little research, and we are going to tell you why this is regarded as a miracle fruit.
So what can all these vitamins and minerals do for the overall health of your body. As I am confident you know, research is being done all the time and there have been studies that have been done that clearly show that apples can reduce some cancer risks. And also by eating apples it is possible to lower your chances of getting breast or lung cancer. That point alone really should be enough to make sure men and women are eating at least one apple a day.
To conclude, I guess an apple a day actually can keep the doctor away and now you recognize why. The benefits we covered are only a couple of of the benefits that eating apples can provide. Should you look and ask around, you will come to see that the benefits can seem to be limitless. When you go shopping again, don’t forget to pick up a number of apples, their in the produce isle. These apples can certainly lead to helping you to live a longer and healthier life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to 'indonesian' beef stew recipe. To make 'indonesian' beef stew you need 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare 'Indonesian' beef stew:
- Take 2 small onions
- Prepare 1 glove of garlic
- Prepare 2 tbs butter
- Use 400 g beef, rib or other stew cuts
- Take 100 ml red wine
- Take 100 ml water
- Use 5 tbs ketjap (or soy sauce)
- Prepare 3 thyme springs (or 1tbs dried thyme)
- Get 2 bayleafs
- Provide 4 cloves
- Prepare 2 tbs tomato ketchup
- Use 1 tbs potato starch (or general binding agent)
Instructions to make 'Indonesian' beef stew:
- Roughly chop the onions and peel the garlic.
- Season the beef generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
- On medium heat melt some butter and start cooking the onions and the garlic. Use a garlic press, or mince the garlic.
- When the onions are halfway there, make room for the beef. You could do this in stages, but why bother…
- Brown the beef on both sides. Render out as much fat as you can.
- Pour the ketjap over the meat and give it a minute to boil and let it flavor the beef. Don't let it evaporate completely though. Don't worry if it is too much or too little, you can adjust for salt with the final seasoning.
- From the side of the pan, add the wine and the water. It should just cover the meat, depending on the size of the pan.
- Add the spices and the tomato ketchup and stir till combined.
- Cover and let simmer for at least 4 hours. Check every hour or so for liquid, and add water if it appears to become dry. Also turn the beef over to help even cooking. It may fall apart already, that is fine.
- After this time break up the beef into chunks of your desired size. And remove the thyme springs and bayleafs.
- Mix the potato starch with a teaspoon of cold water and mix it up, before stirring it through the stew. Taste and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fries, potatoes, rice or just plain. And don't forget to eat some vegetables as well.
If you find this 'Indonesian' beef stew recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.